Saturday, March 5, 2016

Imaginary Friends


You’ve held on longer than most.
Many have already said goodbye;
You seem to think it will last forever.
I only wish that it could.
But you know,
Someday
I’m going to have to tell you that
I
Don’t
Exist.
I’m nothing but a voice in your head.
And you need to know.
It’ll break your heart;
But it will break mine more.
I know
You won’t dance with me
Anymore;
Twirling around your cluttered room,
Your feet more graceful than mine;
I know
You won’t talk to me
Anymore;
Whispering all your little secrets,
Waking me up late
When you have a bad dream;
I know
You won’t think of me
Anymore,
Till I’m just a
Flicker of memory
Pushed to the back of your mind.
I’ll watch you letting go;
I’ll watch you moving on;
I’ll watch you growing up;
And I
Will fade
From existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment