Saturday, March 5, 2016

First Post

I'm not good at introductions.

I've been staring at this little white space and trying to come up with an appropriate first post, something that will quickly and effectively give readers a basic idea of WHO I AM and WHY THEY SHOULD CARE ABOUT ANYTHING I'M POSTING HERE, but so far I've got nothing. I guess instead of trying to be witty and memorable I should just give a brief overview of what this blog is so I can get the first post out of the way and go on to what I really want to do.

Basically, I write poems.

I'll probably begin by posting some of my older ones, and then work my way up to posting the new. And since I just like poetry in general, I'm thinking that every now and then I'll post a poem from an outside poet, something that I didn't write but appreciate and think that other people might like too. I'm not looking to get suddenly famous; I realize that posting poetry online can be a bit like shouting into the void, but if I can make even one person happy because of my words, that's all that really matters, right? And besides, it's good practice for me.

Anyway. Yeah. That's what this is. I hope you enjoy. Have a fantastic day.

--M.R.

No comments:

Post a Comment