Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Tell Me What Your Sky is Like

(wrote this back in 2014; just tweaked it a bit now)

You’re states away
About to take out the trash
And I ask you to tell me what the sky is like
You say that you’ll tell me when you get back in
I sit in my darkened bedroom
The laptop screen glowing
The cursor blinking
Waiting for your words to come to life again
You come back five minutes later
“It’s too cloudy tonight for stars,”
You say
Typing the words from miles away
“But oh, you should see the moon”
And it makes me smile
To think of you
Out in your hazy front yard
Heavy bag of trash in your hands
Maybe a dusting of snow on the ground
And you looking up
Searching the heavens
Staring into the glow of the moon
Because I wanted to know
What your sky looked like
And you wanted
To tell me

1 comment: